REVIEW - Shellac

Every year for my summer holidays, I get Shellac done. I have gotten it done a few times now so I decided to share my thoughts on it.

So what is Shellac? Shellac is a special type of polish that lasts for two weeks, and sometimes longer, without chipping, and has a gorgeous shiny finish. It is done with a UV lamp, similar to gel polish, and there are a huge variety of colours to choose from.

I absolutely love Shellac, because you don't have to worry about any chips occurring on your nails. I also love it because there is absolutely no drying time after you get your manicure!

However it is important that a good, qualified manicurist  does your shellac, because otherwise your shellac could possible start to peel off. Also, I wouldn't recommend getting Shellac done too often as it can weaken and damage the nail bed. 

I get my Shellac done in a salon in Cork called Fifth Avenue Nails, and below are pictures of Shellac that I have gotten done in the past. Overall I really like Shellac and find it perfect for when you're going on holiday.

Last years Shellac in the shade 'gotcha'


This year's shade- Cake Pop

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig