Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette- Review, Images and Swatches


It is definitely no secret by now that I am absolutely OBSESSED with Charlotte Tilbury products. All of my friends say that I have a serious problem, because I have no willpower when it comes to her products. I have to have EVERYTHING. But to be fair, you can't blame me. Everything she creates is divine.

So when she announced that she was launching her first all-in-one palette, my reaction was no different to usual. I had to have it. My mom and I were ogling at it online for days. So, I did what any other CT lover would do and put my name on the list for the 24 hour presale (don't seem so surprised😜)

The Packaging




As usual, Charlotte has housed her shadows in her signature rose gold packaging. I gasped when I saw this. It's so beautiful. The mirrored Art Deco packaging is similar to her Bronze and Glow palette and adds so much class to the product. The large mirror inside is also very handy to use when applying the shadows on the go.



The shades are organised into 4 looks, with three eyeshadows to create each look: Day Eye, Desk Eye, Date Eye and Disco Eye. 
The simple layout of this palette is so convenient, especially for anyone not too experienced or confident with makeup. 
For each look, you start by priming the eye with Shade 1. Shade 2 is then blended into the socket, across the eye and into the lower lash line. Then sweep Shade 3 along the upper and lower lash line for definition. 
Obviously you can also use this palette as a whole, using shades from different looks, but the easy layout of this palette aids for quick and simple application.

Swatches



Day Eye:




First up is the Day Eye. The Prime shade isn't extremely pigmented, however it is just meant to act as a primer, so I wasn't expecting amazing pigmentation from this shade. The Enhace shade gives a lovely sheen to the eye, while the taupe/brown Smoke shade adds subtle definition to the eye.
Overall, this look isn't extremely pigmented, however it is perfect for a very natural daytime look.

Desk Eye


Next up is the Desk Eye. This was the look I was most excited to try out of the whole palette, however I was slightly let down by this one unfortunately. In the pictures advertising this look, the overall result looked a much warmer, brown/orange toned look, however when I applied the shadows, they weren't as pigmented as I would have liked. 
To be fair, the Prime shade adds a beautiful sheen to the eyelid, and the Smoke shade does add definition, but the Enhance just wasn't as pigmented as I would have liked. 
That being said, the shades can be built up to a higher intensity, which I think was the idea behind this palette, however I would have liked that particular shade to be slightly more pigmented.

Date Eye


Next is the Date Eye, and by far my favourite look from the whole palette. I think I will definitely be getting most wear out of this trio. 
These shades are much more pigmented that the previous 2 looks and are so flattering on the eye. 
You might be turned off by the fact that 2 of the shadows look like glitters, however they are not chunky glitters at all, but more of a subtle, flattering shimmer. They are absolutely stunning on the eye.
Unusually, I feel like the shimmers in this palette are much more pigmented and buttery in texture than the mattes, which is strange because it is usually the opposite in other palettes. However, this is definitely my favourite look overall.

Disco Eye


The final look in the palette is the Disco Eye, a much more vampy look compared to the others. These colours are very pretty and very pigmented. They would be gorgeous for a night out, especially coming up to Christmas Party season, and suit every eye colour. These shadows were also very buttery in texture and very blendable.





Overall, I do really like this palette. The shadows are very creamy and blendable, with little or no fallout, making it extremely easy to use, especially for beginners. 
The packaging is to die for as usual with the rest of Charlotte's products.
Unfortunately, no brush comes with this palette, which doesn't really bother me because I rarely ever use the brushes that come with palettes, however some people might be disappointed by the lack of a brush.
For €75, I was slightly disappointed with the pigmentation of some of the shades towards the start of the palette, considering how pigmented the shadows in her quads are. However the pigmentation improved and texture became more buttery as I moved along the palette.



If you are considering buying this palette, I would suggest maybe going in and swatching it first before you buy it, to see how the shades will work with your skin tone. 
Overall, I did really like this palette as the shades wear well and last a long time, but I think maybe it's a small bit over-priced.

Anyways, I hope you liked this honest review.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin @nailitbyciara for regular updates on when I post 👌

Thanks for reading!
See you next time,

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig