Henna Tattoos- What are they?

Henna tattoos have always been something I have wanted to try, and am always admiring them on Instagram and Pinterest. The beautiful tattoos range from small, intricate details, to larger more detailed designs. So while I was on holidays recently, I decided to bite the bullet and try it out. I opted for this simple design on my hand, as I didn't want anything too big or extravagant.


What are Henna Tattoos?
Henna is a type of plant, in which the leaves are dried and crushed, and made into a paste. The henna paste is placed in a squeeze bottle, and squeezed out and painted onto the skin like a marker.
How long does it last?
The longer you leave a henna on, the longer it will last. Leave it on for a minimum of 2 hours, but leaving it on overnight is preferable. Once your henna is ready to be taken off, brush it off with your hand. The stain will have transferred to your skin. I was told it would last 2-3 weeks, but unfortunately it only lasted 8-9 days before it started to fade. However, it lasted this long with me going into the pool, putting on suncream, lying in the sun and having showers etc. which is probably a reasonably long enough length of time.
How much does it cost?
The price of a henna can vary based on the design and the size of it, but mine was €12.

I thought I would do this quick and simple post on hennas as it seems a few people are not too familiar with what they are, like I was before I got it done. So I hope this might have given you a better insight into the details on henna tattoos and maybe even get one done yourself! 
See you next time!

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig