My Nail Care Routine 2017


It's really important to keep your nails in tip top condition if you want to keep them strong and healthy. Good nails also helps your manicure last longer, and look better, and it creates a nice canvas for you to paint on.
My nails can be weak sometimes, getting chips on the surface, so I like to make sure my nails get good hydration.
In this post, I'm going to walk you through how I look after my nails and make sure they're in the best condition possible.
Enjoy 😄

Step 1
First, I remove any traces on nail varnish from my nails using my Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover. I find this one good because as I said, my nails tend to be slightly weak and brittle at times, so the strengthening element of this remover is beneficial to me.


Step 2
I then move on to filing, shaping and buffing my nails. I like to use these four sided buffers as they are very handy and convenient. 
Side one is used to file and shapes the nails.
Side two is used to smooth any ridges and bumps on the surface of the nail.
Side three is similar to side two, but gives and finer, smoother finish.
Side four is used to shine the nails and maintain a high gloss.
I would usually only use side 2 and 3 once a month, so as not to weaken my nails.


Step 3
Next, I move on to my cuticles. I don't like to cut my cuticles, as this can actually damage the nails. The cuticles protect your nails from infection, so when the cuticle is removed, your nails are exposed to bacteria and fungus which can cause infection...horrible I know 😷
Instead, I like to apply cuticle remover, which gets rid of the dead skin, and then I push my cuticles back with an orange stick.
A good time to push back your cuticles is just after your shower when the skin is soft and easy to push back.
I like to use Sally Hansen's 'Complete Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser and Balm'. This removes and hydrates cuticles easily, leaving your nails look beautiful and moisturised.


Step 4
Next I use my Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil to add that extra bit of moisture. I find this oil good as it absorbs quickly and easily, without leaving your nails feel oily or greasy.
This cuticle oil instantly conditions and protects from dryness.


Step 5
Finally, I finish off my nail care routine by using a hand cream. Recently I have been using my Soap and Glory Hand Food to keep my hands hydrated.


There you have it. Your hands and nails are now looking lovely and you are now ready to start painting and designing them!
See you soon 😘

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig