My Skincare Routine


Hi everyone!

I'm back today with a post all about my skincare routine. I have never done a post like this before, but I said I would give it a try today as my skin is improving a lot lately.

I have always had quite oily to combination skin, especially in my t-zone, and am quite prone to breakouts, so a regular skin care routine is very important for me.

In the past few weeks, I have been noticing quite an improvement in my skin, as I'm getting less breakouts and it seems a lot smoother. So, I said I would come on here and go through my skin care routine step-by-step to show you what I do.

I am in no way a skincare expert, however this routine just works for me. I do pretty much the same thing in the morning as I do at night time...there isn't much of a difference in my routine. So below is my step-by-step process of what I do each day.

Step 1

I don't wear makeup a lot as I'm still in school, but when I do, my first step is to always take off my makeup. Never, ever sleep with your makeup on! It will do awful things to your skin, so always make sure your skin is completely makeup free before bed.

My favourite way to remove it is to use the Garnier Micellar Water. This stuff is magical. I have never come across something that removes my makeup better than this. It even works better than some of the high-end brands that I have tried! And better again, you can get it in Penneys!

Step 2

I then cleanse my skin with the REN Clarimatte t-zone control cleansing gel. I love this cleanser and is it so gentle but also targets oily skin, especially in the t-zone. 

However, I also love the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish cleanser, which is an absolute cult classic.



I also like to use my cleanser with the Remington Reveal FC1000 Cleansing Brush (available here)

I like to use this brush at night time using the Sensitive brush head, to remove any dead skin cells to get a better cleanse.

Step 3



Exfoliating your skin is so important to remove and dead skin cells to prevent your pores from becoming clogged.

I like to use this Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Pore Refining Scrub (bit of a mouthful, I know) because it is very gentle so it doesn't aggravate my skin, but it also contains salicylic acid which is great for acne prone skin.

I like to use this twice per week.

Step 4

Next, I like to use a face mask one a week to really give my skin a thorough, deep cleanse.

I love using clay masks as I feel they really get deep into your pores and make your skin really clean.

At the moment I'm trying out Charlotte Tilbury's Goddess Skin clay mask, but my favourite mask would be the Origins 'Clear Improvement' active charcoal pore clearing mask.

Step 5

This cult classic product is definitely a staple in my skin care routine.

I am convinced it is down to this Pixi Glow Tonic that my skin has started to improve.

It is an exfoliating toner and contains 5% glycolic acid, so great for acne prone skin.

Step 6

And finally I apply my moisturiser. Although I have oily skin, I would never skip this step.

If you have oily skin, you may be tempted to skip the moisturiser, but in actual fact, when you don't apply moisturiser, your skin tries to overcompensate and will produce more oil, making your skin even more oily.

At the moment, I am loving the REN Clarimatte T-zone balancing gel cream, It is really light weight so doesn't leave a residue on the skin, but still adds loads of hydration.


So that's my skincare routine. As I have said, I don't do all of these steps every day and night, but I have specified which steps I would do less frequently than others.

I hope you enjoyed this little post!

What are your skincare essentials?

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig