My Charlotte Tilbury Best and Worst Products



It is really no surprise by now that I am a massive Charlotte Tilbury fan, and I genuinely love the brand for the quality of the products.

Any time I wear makeup, most of what I wear is Charlotte Tilbury, and most of her stuff that I have bought I have absolutely adored, however, as with any other brand, there have been a few products that didn't really suit me.

However, I'm not saying these products are particularly 'bad', they just didn't work for me personally, and I have heard other people rave about them, so it is completely personal opinion!

So, below, I've spoken about some of my top faves from her collection, and also the products that personally didn't work for me. Of course, there are much more of her products that I am obsessed with, but below are just some of my top ones!

Enjoy x

Best

1. Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette


The Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette is one of the most hyped products in the beauty industry. It is a cult classic among Charlotte Tilbury fans, and I can completely understand why. 

This was the first ever Charlotte Tilbury product I bought, and has always remained as one of my favourites. I can never do my makeup without it. Both the bronzer and highlighter are the perfect shades for my skin tone, and are also very buildable, so it is perfect for whatever intensity you like your contour and highlight.

2. Lipsticks


Anyone that asks me what is the best Charlotte Tilbury product that they should buy, her lipsticks are always one of my top recommendations. 

I am absolutely obsessed with every aspect for her lipsticks, from the vast range of shades, to the different formulas. Between her K.I.S.S.I.N.G, Matte Revolution and Hot Lips ranges, they are all so creamy and luxurious and last so long on the lips. Even her mattes are creamy and in no way drying, which I love. 

The picture above features her 3 newest releases, the 'At Your Lip Service' collection. The collection consists of 2 new releases, 'The Legendary Queen' and 'The Duchess' (left and middle lipsticks), and a re-release of 'The Queen' (pictured on the right).

I will try do a separate full blogpost on this collection soon, so follow me on Instagram @nailitbyciara to see when I post it!

3. Luxury Palettes


Charlotte's Luxury Palettes have to be one of my favourite things ever. As you can see from the picture above, I have three, the 'Dolce Vita', 'Legendary Muse' and 'The Golden Goddess'. 

I adore each of these palettes equally as all the shades are right up my street. The shadows in these palettes are so pigmented with very little fallout, and they are so handy for travelling as they are quite small.

My favourite thing about these palettes however, is the 'pop' shade, which is the glitter in each quad. By applying it with you finger on top of the lid at the end of a look, you can add so much glamour to your makeup.

I have done a blog post on the Golden Goddess palette which you can check out here.

Let me know if you would like me to do a whole blog post of these Luxury Palettes, where I can go through each in detail with swatches of each shade so you can see exactly how each of the shadows work!

4. Lip Lustres


I love applying lipgloss over my lipstick to add a shine when I'm going out, or just using lipgloss on its own for a toned down daytime look. 

I feel it can be quite difficult to find a gloss that isn't sticky and thick, but Charlotte's Lip Lustres are the perfect consistency. 

They add a three-dimensional look to the lips when applied, and are so creamy and smooth.

This particular shade is in Sweet Stiletto which I got from her advent calendar, a post I have written all about here .

4. Legendary Lashes Mascara


There is nothing better than having fab lashes, and Charlotte's Legendary Lashes has always topped my favourite mascaras list.

It adds so much volume, length and drama, without being dry or flaky. 

I have never tried her Full Fat Lashes mascara, but I have it in my drawer so I'll try that out once I'm finished with this one, and I'll let you know what I think of it compared to the Legendary Lashes.

Worst

1. Light Wonder Foundation


I personally have quite oily skin, so this foundation didn't suit me. It is quite an illuminating, dewy foundation, so it didn't really sit well on my face, and was sliding off within a few hours of applying it, even with a setting powder.

However, I have heard plenty of reviews saying this foundation worked unbelievably well for them, but most of them said they had dry skin, which I think this foundation is best suited to.

Overall, I think this foundation is best suited to dry skin, but if you have oily skin and are curious about trying it out, maybe get a tester first to try it out before buying it.

2. Take It All Off Makeup Remover


To be honest, I have never been a fan of oil based makeup removers. I personally don't think you can beat Garnier's Micellar Water, however this came in the advent calendar I received at Christmas so I said I would give it a go.

This makeup remover really didn't agree with my skin. I struggled to take off my makeup with it, and as usual with oil based makeup removers, it left an oil residue on my skin which I hate the feeling of. 

However on top of this, my skin started to flare up when I used it. It went really red and was extremely hot to touch. This might have just been an unusual reaction that my skin had to the product, but I personally wouldn't use it again after that.

3. Instant Eye Palette


Now this is a controversial one. So many people love this palette, and I won't lie, it is beautiful, but I was a small bit disappointed with it for the price I paid.

The palette in split up into four different looks, however, I was quite disappointed with the pigmentation. The shadows definitely aren't the same formulation as the ones in her Luxury Palettes. 

The pigmentation in the Date Eye look is fairly good, and this is the look I would wear most. The Disco Eye is also very pigmented, however I obviously wouldn't get as much wear out of this as it is quite dramatic. 

Overall, it is a nice palette, but definitely over priced for the pigmentation. You can read my full review of the Instant Eye Palette here.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I hope you liked this style of post! What are your favourite Charlotte Tilbury products? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig