REVIEW: Anastasia Beverley Hills Soft Glam Palette



It feels like aaaaages since I have done a blog post! But I am so excited to be back with this one today, all about the new ABH Soft Glam palette!

I was admiring this palette for so long online, but last week for my birthday, I got this and I genuinely nearly gasped when I opened it. This palette is just so beautiful, and every single one of the colours is right up my street.

I know a lot of people online have said it is a 'boring' palette, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes it has a lot of muted colours, but that is what makes it so gorgeous! It is so wearable and versatile! 




So onto the actual shadows. The pictures don't even do them justice. There is a range of mattes and shimmers, and each one is so pigmented. You can have the option of creating a very toned down, natural look, or a very glam look for night time. I even used this palette to create a glamorous look for my birthday dinner, but the next day was able to create a very subtle, daytime look. It's so versatile!

I have to say, I think the shimmers are my favourites in this palette. They are so pigmented. 


I used 'Bronze' on my lid when I was going out and it was just the prettiest gold shade ever. It was so pigmented and went onto my lid perfectly without even having to wet my brush. 

I was also really surprised by the shade 'Fairy'. It didn't seem like much in the palette, but when I put it onto my lid it was absolutely stunning. 'Glistening' is such a pretty inner corner highlight and 'Rose Pink' is also divine as a lid shade. I haven't tried 'Sultry' yet, but when I swatched it, it was stunning.

'Orange Soda' is the perfect transition shade, while 'Sienna' and 'Rustic' are both lovely crease colours. There is also such a wide range of colours to deepen a look and smoke it out, such as 'Cyprus Umber' and 'Mulberry'.

I also love that there is a black in the palette, which the Modern Renaissance palette was missing. 



If you have never tried ABH shadows before, you will be shocked at how pigmented they are. I only had to dip my brush in once and it gave me such a high colour payoff. 

One thing to be careful with this palette is the fallout. I did find I had a bit of fallout when doing my eye look, but that is understandable when you see how pigmented they are. 

The only one criticism of the palette that I would have is that the packaging is yellow suede and gets dirty very easily. But other than that, the palette is absolute perfection.


The palette also comes with a very high quality dual ended brush, with one side having a blending brush and the other end having a lid brush. I also has a very large mirror inside.

This is the perfect palette for travelling too as you can create a variety of looks.

The Soft Glam palette is by far one of my favourite palette I have ever gotten.

It is available from Cult Beauty here

Have you tried the Soft Glam palette? What do you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig