Charlotte Tilbury Eye Colour Magic in 'Mesmerising Maroon'



Charlotte Tilbury recently released her new Eye Colour Magic palettes, promising to light up your eyes and make your eye colour pop. There are four quads - three new ones and one re-branded one. The new palettes include Mesmerising Maroon, Copper Charge and Super Blue, while the reinvented one is the Green Lights, formerly known as The Rebel.

Each palette promises to do the following:

  • Mesmerising Maroon - makes green eyes look greener
  • Copper Charge - makes blue eyes look bluer
  • Super Blue - makes brown eyes look amber
  • Green Lights - makes hazel eyes look gold
Although I have blue eyes, I have lots of copper shades already, and I loved the look of the mesmerising maroon palette, which is the one I decided to go for. The shades are beautiful. They are also very pigmented, just like her other luxury palettes, and they are so creamy and easy to blend. 

One thing I will say about this palette, and each of the other three palettes from this collection from what I have heard, is that the 'pop' shade (bottom left corner) is not as glittery as her previous luxury palettes, but seems like more of a metallic shade. It is still a beautiful shade, however, I would personally prefer if it was the same glittery formula as her previous palettes.




The layout of the palette makes it so easy to use, where you begin in the top left corner and work your way around in a clockwise direction. This technique makes it very user-friendly, and make it very easy for anyone to recreate the look that Charlotte herself does with the palette. 

I also decided to go for the matching eyeliner to pair with the quad. These liners are a new addition also to her collection, as they are a dual-ended matte and metallic liner. It is smudge-proof, waterproof and humidity-proof, and lasts for up to 16 hours. I am personally not the best at applying eyeliner, but this formula is so easy to use as it glides on like butter. I love to use the matte purple to create a wing on my top lid, and place the metallic in my waterline.



I purchased the Mesmerising Maroon Magic Trick Kit, which included the palette, the liner and a Legendary Lashes Volume2 mascara for €105 (because I'm an impulse buyer!), but the palette alone is €50 as with all her other quads, and the liner on it's own is €28 (expensive I know, but worth it for the quality).

Have you tried this collection? What is your favourite out of the four kits? Let me know :D


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig