My Skincare Routine


Skincare is something I have become obsessed with since I have started using these products. My natural skin type would be oily/dehydrated, so it's important for me to try balance the oils in my skin, while still ensuring it gets enough moisture to combat the dehydration.

The products I use in my routine has completely changed since my last skincare post, but I really feel like this is the best combination of products I have ever used for my skin. I don't use a huge amount of products...I like to keep it simple and stripped back.

Step 1: Cleanser


I first discovered this ESPA Optimal Skin ProCleanser before Christmas when I went for a spa day in Castlemartyr Spa with my mom. It is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used. I just recently finished my first tube of it, and was panicking that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on another for ages with everywhere being closed recently, but I found it on LookFantastic thank God!

It is a 3-in-1 cleanser, exfoliator and mask to 'nourish, smooth and visibly brighten the complexion'.  There are tiny jojoba spheres in it for gentle daily exfoliation, which begin to melt into the skin as you rub it in. You can then wash it off with warm water or a muslin cloth, or else leave it for 15minutes as a mask once or twice a week.

It is very pricey...€42, but I got it for €33 with my student discount, however I think it is totally worth it. I don't think I could go back to using a different cleanser now.

Step 2 (once per week): Mask



My skin has a tendency to break out quite a bit, so I use this Loreal pure clay detox mask once per week. I put it on with a flat makeup brush, leave it for 10-15minutes and then wash off with a muslin cloth. It just helps to give my skin a proper deep clean once a week.

Step 3: Serum



I then move onto my serum. I've been using the Your Good Skin Balancing Skin Concentrate for the past two weeks and I have been really liking it. Boots exclusively launched this brand to its stores, and it includes 23 products from cleansers to scrubs and masks. 

It claims to give you healthier skin in just 28 days, and for only €21.99. It targets five different areas - texture, skin tone, radiance, oiliness and moisture levels. I think this could be the product that is balancing out my oiliness and dehydration.

Step 4: Eyecream



I'm usually quite lazy when it comes to eye cream, but I got this one in a gift set so I said I'd give it a go. I'm actually really liking it. It's a very light light formula, so doesn't feel too heavy around the eyes, and really brightens them up.

Step 5: Moisturise



Finally, I finish off with my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. This moisturiser really does feel like magic on the skin. It is a very rich formula, so you only need a tiny amount to do the whole face so it will last you a good while. This has been really helping with the dehydration of my skin and I no longer have flakiness. It also makes your skin look so glowy when prepping for makeup, and allows your foundation to glide on so smoothly.

So that's my skincare routine. There isn't too many steps, but it is so so effective for me and has been really working. My skin is looking so much brighter and healthier, and I can only really put it down to these products!

Thanks for reading, see you next time!

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig