Get the Look: Zooey Deschanel


I have wanted to set up a 'Get the Look' section on my blog for a while now,so I decided to finally do it. I love getting inspiration for new nail designs from celebrities, and who doesn't want celebrity-esque nails?! I think I will have a lot of fun with this new section on Nail It by Ciara, and I hope you enjoy it too. 

My first Get the Look design was inspired by Zooey Deschanel. She always seems to have gorgeous nail art, but I decided to recreate these tuxedo nails because they look so elegant. They were also very simple and quick to do which is a bonus! 

Step 1
Start off with a base coat to protect your natural nails

Step 2
Paint all your nails two coats of white

Step 3
Dip a large dotting tool into black nail varnish and create two connecting dots close to your cuticles. This will be the bow tie

Step 4
Dip a smaller dotting tool into black and create three small dots in a vertical line under the bow tie

Step 5
Paint the tips of your nails with a thin black line

Step 6
Leave your design to dry completely and add a top coat


I hope you enjoyed my first Get the Look tutorial! I love these nails because they are so simple but so elegant. Stay tuned for plenty more designs in my Get the Look series!

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig